Pumphouse is a bar and restaurant near Margate, South Africa. This popular South Coast eatery and pub in the seaside resort town, serves good food the way South African's like it and you can enjoy your meal while watching the waves splash against the rocks in the distance. If you're staying in self-catering accommodation in or around Margate South Africa, you can visit the Pumphouse for a hearty South African breakfast, a brunch, lunch or dinner, or, you can just stop over to enjoy drinks in this popular South Coast pub and socialise a while. The Pumphouse Bar and restaurant is also close to all the funky South Coast towns in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa and is found enroute to the Wild Coast Sun (about 30 minutes away). No matter what accommodation you have chosen in or around Margate South Africa, this bar is quickly becoming one of the best attractions in Margate for food, drinks and socialising. The latter part of 2011 has seen Pumphouse undergo an exciting and complete revamp under leadership of the new ownership team.
Owners and business partners Nelius Robbertze & Fibi Fey bought the pub and eatery situated in a prime location on the South Coast and have surprised the local community and South Coast holiday makers / tourists with their new approach to pleasing patrons by giving them a spot where they can just relax and enjoy.
The casual, friendly atmosphere is emphasised by:
- Outside deck area has transformed into a pleasant place where friends meet to eat and socialise! The deck is now clean, under some cover and caters basically for all weather. Fantastic to see even the good old tradisional South African braai happening on the deck regularly creating a lovely casual South African ambience!
- The pub area inside has become a place where friends meet regularly to chat or watch a game. Certain spots in the bar are perfect for grabbing a cold one and looking out over the ocean. People who arrive as strangers leave as friends!
- The restaurant area inside has been spruced up with funky tables and chairs, hygienic cutlery, and a couple of art works starting to appear - artist, Magda herself! ... We cannot wait to see every completed piece as it finds a spot in the restaurant/pub area. Patrons can eat inside or outside on the deck - with personalised service all round.
- Prices are absolutely reasonable!
- Service and training: Staff at the Pumphouse undergo regular training sessions and everyone, staff, management and owners, are on a constant look out to improve the customers experience. The Pumphouse wants their customers to feel at home and to feel special.
- If there's one thing we've noticed at the Pumphouse it is that new patrons arrive as strangers but leave as friends who return, again and again
- Whether you're on your own or with friends, pop into the Pumphouse!
- With Margate (and surrounding areas) a popular holiday destination, the all new Pumphouse is proving to be a popular Margate hotspot if you're looking to chill a little.
|Back||Back to top|